Web developer focusing on accessibility and user experience. Designed and developed web-based system administrative services for military R&D, built professional conferences’ websites, and trained in progressive web apps. Currently seeking a position which will allow me to expand my knowledge in both technical and design skills.
- Mobile first design
- Offline first design
- Progressive web apps
- Good communication skills
- Collaborative teamwork
- Mentorship experience
- Agile Development Process
- Leadership experience
Texas Linux Fest is the first statewide annual community-run conference for Linux and open source software users first started in 2010. It averages 500 attendees every year.
- Designed and developed the conference website to be responsive and functional
- Used GIT to version control and collaborate with other developers
- Created and modified vector images with Inkscape
- Optimized images with Imagemagick and optipng
- Wrote an Ionic framework app on Android to provide conference information. It had features such as making your own itinerary from the schedule
- Provided a website for attendees to get the most up to date information about the conference
Organizer and Videographer
- Provided a platform for presentations, hangouts, and for people to ask questions
Team Lead / Web Developer
Born from a local monthly UI/UX meetup of 800 members, Mission UX 2018 was the first community-driven UX conference in San Antonio led by 24 talented staff and volunteers within 4 months.
- Met short deadlines and quality requirements by coordinating and leading weekly meetings for both the design and development teams
- Assisted in establishing a goal and focusing the design team
- Acted as liaison with team members and management
- Implemented social media metadata and SEO techniques to provide visibility to the website
- Created BASH scripts to generate duotone, and optimize images
- Successfully organized a UX conference for 150 attendees with a feedback rating of 4.26 out of 5
- Successfully de-escalated and maintained morale between management and volunteers which led to finishing the design style guide and meeting deadlines
Def-Logix, Inc. is a small to medium sized company established in 2008. It specializes in cyber security research and development through government contracts.
- Designed REST API to communicate between a web server and UEFI
- Developed web applications integrating Django and PostgreSQL as a back-end with React/Redux Front-End
- Created python scripts analyzing resting data to report and restore compromised workstations
- Used Taiga, a project management platform, to keep track of tasks and user stories during Agile development methodology
- Delivered a software solution to protect against bootloader malware which enabled the company to acquire a follow-up contract