To identify solutions to problems to the best of my abilities and improve user experience through development while being inclined to open source products.
System Administration: Desktop Linux maintenance and small scale servers with VirtualBox, VMWare ESX, KVM virtualizations.
Graphics and design: Inkscape, Blender, Gimp, Krita, Pencil Project.
Spoken/written languages: Fluent in English, Spanish, and Mandarin Chinese.
Def-Logix, Inc. - December 2015 - Present
- Working under Agile development process.
- Developed web applications integrating Django as a back-end with React Front-end with bundled with Webpack.
- Created python scripts analyzing data to report and restore compromised workstations.
- Utilized pyVmomi to script automated tests for our product in VMware ESX.
- Minimal experience with compiling Tiny Core Linux kernel to add a custom logo.
Hill Country JS - May 2015 - Present
Videographer - YouTube
Texas Linux Fest - Yearly since 2013
- TXLF 2015 Android App using Ionic Framework. https://github.com/danielim/TXLF_ionic
- Python IRC bot. https://github.com/danielim/pychen
- VPS with CentOS 7 hosting http://daniel.im.
- Experience with Ubuntu and CentOS server setup.
- Home Microserver with CentOS 7 utilizing KVM virtualization, Samba file sharing, and a VM of Ubuntu 14.04 with Apache2 web server.
- Dabbled in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, Lightroom CS6; Gimp, Inkscape, Darktable.
Leadership and Activities:
Startup Weekend Houston – April 2013
Second Place Team – Jobharmony.co
Our team developed and presented from scratch a website designed to match job seekers and employers not only in terms of skills but also their preferences in terms of habits and work environment. I focused on some HTML portions, web design, mobile mockup, and assisting between the developers and designers.
Undergraduate Science Research Club – Fall 2006 – Spring 2010
IT Officer – Fall 2007 – Spring 2010
Texas A&M Computing Society – Fall 2008 – Spring 2010
Publishing Chair – Fall 2009 – Spring 2010
Texas A&M Unix & Linux User Group – Fall 2007 – Spring 2010
Proud Member – Fall 2007 – Spring 2010
Texas A&M University - College Station, Texas
Bachelor of Science in Biology, 2010